Tyree Eatmon
Tyree Eatmon

A man who last fall incurred the wrath of York City's police chief is back in prison after allegedly causing an alcohol-fueled chase with state troopers.

Tyree Lamar Eatmon, 25, of 828 W. Poplar St., was arrested about 4:20 a.m. Tuesday by state troopers after he led them on a chase through York City, according to state police.

Police said they were trying to pull over Eatmon because he had an outstanding warrant.

York County court records reveal the warrant was issued March 6 by Common Pleas Judge Richard K. Renn after Eatmon failed to appear at a bail-revocation hearing on his aggravated assault case.

State police said Eatmon fled from police, went over a curb and drove through a fence before stopping at the intersection of East Boundary Avenue and South Pine Street and jumping out of the Volkswagen Jetta.

He started running away on foot, but was captured by troopers, police said.

Eatmon is charged with fleeing or attempting to elude police, reckless endangerment, resisting arrest, driving with a suspended license and other traffic violations. His bail in that case was set at $10,000.

But he's not getting out of York County Prison any time soon.

Also on March 6, Judge Renn revoked Eatmon's $100,000 bail in his aggravated assault case, court records state.

Five Guys case: York City Police charged Eatmon with participating in a group assault of two men during a large Sept. 2 fight outside Five Guys Burgers and Fries, which was closed at the time. During the fracas, two people were wounded by bullets.


Eatmon is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and related offenses for allegedly being part of a group that beat Niam Jamison and Donald Layton Jr. The two men were repeatedly punched, kicked and boot-stomped, police have said.

George N. Marros, Eatmon's attorney, has said he doesn't believe Eatmon's actions outside Five Guys rose to the level of felony aggravated assault.

Bar brawl: Eatmon made news again last month, when he was arrested for allegedly assaulting a Lancaster nightclub employee shortly after 2 a.m. Feb. 16.

Lancaster City Police said Eatmon used a wooden table to hit the employee on the back of the head during a bar brawl at The Village nightclub, 205 N. Christian St.

During the brawl, some patrons threw bottles and tables, after which the fight spilled outside, police said.

For that alleged incident, Eatmon is facing charges of simple assault and disorderly conduct.

Angered chief: Eatmon incurred the ire of York City Police Chief Wes Kahley in September after being granted bail in his Five Guys case.

At the time, Kahley said Eatmon is a dangerous individual who needed to be off the streets.

"Our officers are working hard every day, trying to make the community safer," he said, but those efforts are undercut when the people they arrest remain free to commit more crimes.

-- Staff writer Liz Evans Scolforo can also be reached at levans@yorkdispatch.com.