A family of four was displaced from its Red Lion home after a fire Sunday.

One person was home at the time and made it out safely, said Red Lion fire Chief Joseph Yahnke.

First responders were sent to the duplex house in the 200 block of North Franklin Street about 6:10 p.m. and arrived to find flames coming from an upstairs bedroom, he said.

Firefighters contained the blaze to the bedroom and part of a hallway. They had it under control in a little more than 10 minutes, the chief said.

Cats and dogs were rescued from the home. No injuries were reported.

The blaze caused $30,000 in damage, Yahnke said.

The family of four - parents and their two sons - are staying with extended family in the Red Lion area, he said.