No one was hurt when a fire broke out Sunday morning in the 200 block of Knob Creek Lane in Windsor Township, said Charlie Hose, chief of Yorkana Community Volunteer Fire Company.

Crews responded around 8:10 a.m. and were able to knock down the fire in about 20 minutes, he said. There was an active gas leak at the scene that crews had to work around, Hose said.

The fire went from outside and into the home's family room, but most of the damage was contained to the exterior part of the house, he said. Hose said crews are still trying to figure out a damage estimate.

The cause of the fire is ruled accidental, and it was not directly caused by the gas leak, he said.

-- Reach Mollie Durkin at