A man was injured when a fire broke out in his garage at his York Township home Wednesday afternoon.

The man was filling a lighted kerosene heater with fuel in the garage in the 2200 block of South Queen St. just before 1 p.m. when some of the kerosene spilled onto the heater, causing a fire that spread to nearby items, York Area Regional Police detective Donald Hopple Jr. said in an email

The man, whose name was not released, suffered second-degree burns to his right leg, Hopple said.

The detective did not say if the man was transported to a hospital.

Firefighters had the fire knocked down in under seven minutes, said Capt. Jordan Hood of York Township Fire Department.

The blaze was mainly contained to items in the garage and caused $11,000 in damage, he said.

Township firefighters were assisted at the scene by firefighters from Dallastown, Yoe and Red Lion.

No other injuries were reported.