A chimney fire Saturday damaged a historic farm house on the Lauxmont Farms property in Lower Windsor Township, temporarily displacing the family of six that lived there.

The fire spread from the chimney into the walls and up into the attic, causing about $150,000 in fire, smoke and water damage, said Chad Livelsberger, chief of Wrightsville Fire & Rescue Company.

Crews arrived around 4 p.m. and had the fire contained in about half an hour, he said. No injuries were reported, Livelsberger said.

"They did a great job," said Ron Kohr, who lived in the stone home on Long Level Road with his wife and their four children.

The fire will not disrupt any business at the wedding venue, he said.

"It won't be affecting any weddings -- it was my personal residence," he said.

He and his family own Lauxmont Farms, and he will work to get the 2 1/2-floor home rebuilt as soon as possible, he said.

-- Reach Mollie Durkin at mdurkin@yorkdispatch.com.