Chances are, your Super Bowl buffet will be groaning under the weight of chili, nachos and dips.
These great snacks share one fatal flaw: the mess. The greasy-fingered crowd at your party needs to balance plates and bowls in their laps. One overexcited touchdown celebration later, and your couch and carpet are covered in chili and cheese.
Mini muffins are a step up from a handful of pretzels and make a great finger food. No drips or spills — just the occasional crumb.
Here's an easy recipe for a savory mini muffin combining two flavors no football party can be without.
Supreme Taco Pizza Mini Muffins
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced peppers
1/2 cup diced pepperoni
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 large eggs
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini-muffin pan or use foil cups.
2) Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
3) Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling them to the top.
4) Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
The recipe makes 24 mini muffins.
— Reach Mel Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org.