King III...arrested in the shooting death of Kyree White.
King III...arrested in the shooting death of Kyree White.
Police have arrested a Hanover man wanted in connection with a triple shooting in York City that left one man dead.

Robert "Buck" King III, 18, of 332 Maple Ave., was involved in the Aug. 30 fatal shooting of Kyree "Mir" White, 20, of Philadelphia, police said.

King was found about 7:25 p.m. Thursday in a hotel room in the Gettysburg area and was arrested without incident, according to police.

Acting on a tip on King's whereabouts, officers arrested him with help from U.S. marshals, state police and York County detectives from the District Attorney's office, police said.

King was taken to York County Central Booking to be arraigned. He will be held in York County Prison without bail, police said.

Also facing criminal homicide charges in connection with the shooting is Bryan Michael Louey, 21, of no fixed address.

Louey was arrested Sept. 4 after authorities received a tip and tracked him to 153 Shrivers Corner Road, where he was taken into custody without incident. He also faces charges of robbery, criminal conspiracy, two counts of aggravated assault and three counts of reckless endangerment.

Based on witness accounts, Louey was at the scene with King and was an accomplice, according to Lt. Ron Camacho, who supervises the city's detective bureau.

White was killed at 1:31 a.m. Aug. 30 when a drug dispute turned violent at the corner of Walnut and State streets, police said.

Two of White's associates, Derone Hill Jr.


23, and Shadell Johnson, 20, both of Long Island, N.Y., were also shot. Hill was grazed in the chest and Johnson was shot in the leg, police said. Their wounds were not life-threatening.

Hill and Johnson were staying at a home in the 400 block of Walnut Street.

Drug deal: Camacho has said the shooting erupted when King tried to rob White during a drug deal.

Police believe the shooting happened as King was trying to buy drugs from White and then robbed him. King allegedly took the drugs, then pulled out a gun instead of
handing over cash, police said.

White, who had been staying in the 500 block of East Philadelphia Street, also had a gun, which police recovered under his body. Police were waiting for results of a ballistics test to see if White fired his weapon.

An autopsy determined White died of multiple gunshot wounds, at least one to the face, according to the York County Coroner's Office.

Police obtained a warrant for King's arrest the day after the shooting. At the time, police said he also was wanted on two counts of aggravated assault and three counts of reckless endangerment in connection with the incident.

History: King was in trouble with the law before this incident.

In October 2006, city detectives said King -- who in addition to "Buck," is also known as "White Chocolate" -- was a member of the "stickup boys," a violent robbery crew blamed for more than a dozen armed stickups in York City.

Last fall, King and three other alleged crew members fled south when things got too hot for them here, York detectives had said, but they were arrested in Richmond, Va. York City detectives had already obtained a warrant for King's arrest. Police in Richmond charged King with drug dealing and several firearms violations.