A Tuesday-evening fire in York City has been ruled accidental, the result of a malfunction in an electrical receptacle on the third floor of a house in the 600 block of Salem Avenue, Acting York City Fire Chief David Michaels said.

The blaze displaced 11 people, including residents of an attached house.

Michaels estimated damage at $115,000 and said the homes are temporarily uninhabitable until water and smoke damage can be repaired.

A third connected row house also sustained smoke damage, he said.