A small fire Wednesday morning at a Mount Wolf paper-processing facility halted work there only briefly, a local fire chief said.
Firefighters, including from Mount Wolf's Eagle Fire Co. and Manchester's Union Fire Co., responded to the 8:29 a.m. fire at Georgia-Pacific at 25 Walnut St.
It was mostly extinguished by the time crews arrived, according to Joe Stevens, chief of both companies.
Employees there used fire extinguishers to put out the small blaze, which started when a processing machine apparently became jammed and overheated, Stevens said. No one was hurt, and damage was isolated to that machine, he said.
Had workers not taken quick action, the fire could easily have spread, Stevens said, because there are numerous combustibles inside.
Firefighters were on scene for about an hour, ventilating the building of smoke and extinguisher powder, and also checking for hot spots, according to the chief.
Workers were briefly evacuated, but were going back inside to resume operations as fire crews cleared the scene at 9:30 a.m., Stevens said.